Surgical Tech - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you'll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Health, Men's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Assists with between case cleaning and participates in call rotation. Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments and necessary between cases. Participates in department staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Scrub staff prepares sterile field, sutures, instruments, supplies, equipment, linens, sponges and draping materials and passes these things to and from surgeons and assistants during procedures. Knows appropriate PPE to be worn during procedures and wears Radiation Protection when needed. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center's mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork,Accountability/Attitude, Responsiveness.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist or previous surgical technician training, schooling, or experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.