Surgical Tech - PRN
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Assists with between case cleaning and participates in call rotation. Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments and necessary between cases. Participates in department staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Scrub staff prepares sterile field, sutures, instruments, supplies, equipment, linens, sponges and draping materials and passes these things to and from surgeons and assistants during procedures. Knows appropriate PPE to be worn during procedures and wears Radiation Protection when needed.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist
- Previous experience as a surgical technologist
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran