Risk Manager responsibilities include establishing, implementing and maintaining an interdisciplinary hospital-wide risk management program. Ensures ongoing assessment of patient outcomes and the patient care delivery system according to established standards, minimizing potential exposure to risk within the facility and addressing any issues which may arise, which places the hospital and/or its practitioners at risk. Age of population served is neonate to geriatric.
Customer Service responsibilities include assisting patients, families and hospital staff members to recognize opportunities and remove obstacles to provide high quality healthcare by acting as a liaison between patients and the hospital. Plans, develops, maintains and administrates Customer Service functions. Rounds daily, addresses initial patient complaints, and works with other department staff and clinical directors to resolve complaints; contacts patients and families and follows up as necessary; Coordinates activities and reports with organization and patient satisfaction survey vendor. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Accountability/Attitude, Responsiveness.
- Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
- RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
- BS required, MS or JD preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across disciplines
- Ability to analyze data, formulate meaningful information
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language
- Training in patient safety or risk management and quality/performance
- Improvement methodology, concepts, education and implementation
- Membership and active participation in professional organization(s), preferred
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred