Risk Manager - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
The risk manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the risk management program, including the identification, evaluation and treatment of risk in the organization. The risk manager develops and manages a systematic process to identify, assess, and treat actual and potential exposures to loss.
Assists the Director of Quality and Safety and Manager of Accreditation/Regulatory Readiness and Patient Safety with the implementation of the System-wide Quality and Safety Plan consistent with board approved plans and regulatory and standard setting agencies.
- Handles all patient complaints and grievances. Follows regulatory requirements for closing timely and professionally. Works with patient advocate to offer solutions to patient grievances. Works with billing and compliance officer in deciding on appropriateness of billing waivers/write offs.
- Manages a risk identification process for the organization’s operations, departments, and services.
- Maintains the incident reporting system. Investigates all serious events. Performs statistical analysis and trending of events and claims to pinpoint high risk areas for management attention and reporting at Quality meeting.
- Coordinates internal surveys and inspections, monitors reports, and coordinates corrective actions or recommended improvements with management and staff.
- Works with legal counsel and claims department when necessary.
- Assists departments with the integration of quality, regulatory, infection control and risk management activities
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis and tracks corrective actions.
- May be required to help with policy coordinator responsibilities.
- Performs all other job- related duties as requested by the Director of Quality and Safety
- Two to five years experience within a hospital risk management with a focus on patient safety, risk management or quality improvement. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of root cause analysis and FMEA analysis.
- RN preferred or other Clinical background to provide for appropriate investigation of clinical events
- BS required, MS or JD preferred
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work across disciplines
- Ability to analyze data, formulate meaningful information. Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language
- Training in patient safety or risk management and quality/performance
- Improvement methodology, concepts, education and implementation
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) or Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS), preferred
- State licensed when indicated
**Great Health Benefits, 401k and generous PTO
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.