Respiratory Therapist RRT - PRN - SLRMC
-Pay differential for nights, weekends and extra shifts
-Generous pay differential for PRN
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Respiratory Therapist /Care Practitioner
The Respiratory Care Practitioner administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system. Provides cardiopulmonary therapeutic, diagnostic, and monitoring services to aid physicians in diagnosis and treatment of heart and lung disorders. The RCP must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) licensed with the State of Utah
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Current NRP certification
- Current ACLS within 90 days of hire
- Ability to community effectively in English, both verbally and written.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.