Registered Nurse - Wound Care - PRN - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Registered Nurse- Wound Care
The Wound Care Specialist is accountable for planning, organizing, directing, delivering and coordinating patient care in accordance with established policies of the center and under the direction of the physician. The Wound Care Specialist acts as the patient advocate and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional wound care. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes and supports the Standards of Conduct for Salt Lake Regional Medical Center. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Attitude/Accountability, and Responsiveness.
This position is located with Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Treatment Center of Utah.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Utah.
- Current certification in wound care such as Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) or Wound Care Certified (WCC).
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of wound care techniques and procedures with prior experience in either an in-patient or out-patient wound care center.
- Experience in the administration of TCC’s (Total Contact Casting), Bio Engineered Skin Substitutes, Negative Pressure Therapy (Wound Vacs), and, or, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, strongly preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran