Registered Nurse- IS Educator- Full Time- SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
The Clinical Educatoris responsible for specific tasks associated with the implementation andsupport of all clinical applications inclusive of patient access and revenuecycle. This position will deliver training and education to all existing andnew end users in the organization business, regulatory, quality of care andoutcome objectives. In addition, theywill be responsible for the design and improvement of the clinical informaticssoftware training programs and related courseware. The Clinical Educator will act as aninformation systems departmental liaison for both corporate and assignedfacilities to ensure that all education documentation and systemenhancements/change requests are properly updated and communicated to thehospital leadership team, clinical staff and non-clinical staff.
1 Contributes to an innovativeteam dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical deliveryand quality outcomes through effective clinical software use.
2. Develop, publish andimplement training modules for new, existing and upgraded clinical informaticssoftware, including all education materials, training schedules, exercises andskill evaluations.
3. Create and administertraining event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, andintegrate changes in curriculum and/or courses..
4. Gain an in-depth knowledge ofclinical software, operational workflows, and clinical informatics softwaredata analysis and determine how best to maximize clinical softwarefunctionality to complement and improve workflows.
5. Train manager, supervisors,providers and non-providers to optimize the use of clinical informaticssoftware through implementation, education, training, quality outcomes, andproviding support in accordance with organizational goals.
6. Assist in the development ofpolicies and procedures for the use of clinical informatics software ad supportend user accountability to those policies and procedures.
7. Incorporate change managementprinciples to facilitate workflow and business process changes, ensuring thesuccess and optimization of new upgraded clinical informatics software.
8. Ensure that new or upgradedclinical informatics software is used in a way to maintain patientconfidentiality and privacy, in accordance with HIPAA and all other applicableregulatory agency requirements.
9. Implement Help/Support Desksolutions on-site as needed and provide feedback on potential issues.
10. Works closely with corporateleadership, facility leadership and vendor project managers during clinicalsystem implementations, upgrades, and/or enhancements.
11. Assist in live conversionplans for new and upgraded systems.
12. Provides first line ofsupport for facility level provider/non-provider clinical staff regardingtraining, system support and communication.
13. May be required to provide anactive leadership role in facility level committees to include but not limitedto Change Management, Multi-disciplinary Informatics Board (MIB) andcompliance.
14. Participate in design andtesting of the application functions.
15. Insure clinical needs andworkflows are evaluated and validated when implementation plans are developedby collecting input from end users.
16. Assess the implications onnursing operations and processes of patient care delivery when assisting inresolution and support of departmental issues during unplanned and planneddown times.
17. Participate in developmentand testing of the application functions.
18. Assist in live conversion plansfor new and upgraded systems
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in clinical setting.
- Preferred 2 - 4 years of experience with Clinical Information Systems and/or Clinical Informatics. Management experience helpful. Computer knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements/business needs into system specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of process and system design techniques preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather, organize and present data.
- Attention to detail with a proven track record of highly accurate work output.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products or similar
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: Current Licensure to practice Professional Nursing.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Comfortable working with all levels of management and clinical providers.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude. Highly self motivated, directed and change oriented.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation and able to work, contribute to and flourish in a team centric, collaborative environment.
- Position requires some travel. May be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Ability to see and speak clearly in order to perform basic job functions.
- Exposure to Hazards: Noise, crowds of people, and injury resulting from improper body mechanics.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran