Pharmacy Tech - PRN
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), and Pharmacy Director, the Pharmacy Technician assists with the preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center. The Pharmacy Technician must have the ability to interact with patients, co-workers, and all other medical center personnel in person or by telephone, in a pleasant and courteous manner. This position requires the ability to work within a diverse workforce, perform under pressure and during emergency situations, as well as, maintain math aptitude with the ability to perform dosage or quantity calculations accurately.
- Current Pharmacy Technician License in the State of Utah required.
- Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred; ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including generic and brand name pharmaceuticals.
- Able to operate a calculator for basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.