Pharmacy Tech II - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
The Pharmacy Technician assists with the preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department.
Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate will pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the UT Board of Pharmacy
- PTCB or EXCPT national certification as a pharmacy technician
- Ability to interact with patients, coworkers and other medical center personnel in person or by telephone, in a pleasant, courteous manner
- Math aptitude with the ability to perform dosage, concentration and quantity calculations accurately
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to consistently meet the departmental schedule as designated
- One year experience in a hospital pharmacy or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including generic and brand name pharmaceuticals
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.