Patient Care Assistant - PRN - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Patient Care Assistant
The Patient Care Assistant transports patients and ensures adequate help is available when moving patients. Helps with Unit clerk duties as required. Prepares, handles, and transports specimens. Assists with room turnovers. Orders and stocks supplies as necessary. Maintains patient care supplies and equipment. Puts equipment away. Cleans equipment. Runs sterilizer controls and maintains sterilization logs. Ensures medical supplies and equipment are sterilized and in proper working condition. Puts instruments away. Performs routine housekeeping duties in compliance with infection control standards. Observes and reports information on patient needs to licensed personnel. Point of Care Testing, including collection, testing and reporting as it relates to job position. Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors and co-workers and adheres to OSHA standards by wearing personal protective equipment, following standard precautions and being knowledgeable about blood borne pathogens. Wears phone and responds when called.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nurse Aide licensure is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, sterile technique, surgical instrumentation, sterilization techniques is strongly preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
This Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.