Non-RN Case Manager - SLRMC
**Great health benefits with zero co-pay and zero deductible plan
**401k and generous PTO
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Under the direction of the Director of Case Management or Lead Case Manager, coordinates and implements the function of discharge planning for inpatient and outpatient services. Identifies and anticipates discharge needs for each assigned patient. Communicates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team through verbal and written communication. Responsible for the integration of the patient into the home or transitional environment using the Case Management process (developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating) in accordance with existing federal, state, and local standards. Adheres to confidentiality policies specific to communication, record keeping, and coordination of services. Responsible for documentation in all areas of discharge planning. Discharge planners provide assistance to patients, families, and/or significant others. Facilitates assistance when psychosocial factors impact the recovery process. Discharge planners seek guidance from assigned Case Manager and/or Director of Case Management as needed.
Experience in one or more areas (multiple experience preferred) of discharge planning, social services, utilization management, and/or case management. Demonstrates ability to interpret a variety of handwritten clinical data. Maintains attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision. Maintains a pleasant, tactful manner when working with people in stressful situations. Is familiar with Medicare/Medicaid regulations, levels of care criteria, and financial assistance. Is skillful in dealing with physicians to resolve UM/DC planning issues. Demonstrate an understanding of medical record chart analysis. Possesses a working knowledge of community resources and services. Acts as a liaison between physicians, staff, patients, and families. The Discharge Planner assesses patients to identify psychosocial needs requiring intervention. It is recognized that there are variations in the approach utilized by different practitioners.
Also performs all duties in a manner that promotes and supports the Standards of Conduct for Steward Healthcare. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of C.A.R.E.S. key words: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; additional college degrees as required by licensure.
- Two 2 - 4 years’ experience in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English required. Ability to communicate in additional languages preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Must have great customer service skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Current ARRT or NMTCB Certification and ARRT Certification in Nuclear Medicine preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.