Medical Technologist - PRN - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Medical Technologist (MT)
Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist provides services of both a technical and non-technical nature in the laboratory service areas.
Uses laboratory procedures and techniques for which employee is qualified, trained, and demonstrates competency according to established laboratory standard operating procedures. Performs routine and complex laboratory tests in an assigned department of the clinical laboratory to provide physicians with rapid and accurate laboratory test results. Performs waived, moderate, and/or highly complex analytic procedures including collection, processing, testing and reporting as it relates to job position and without direct supervision. Performs proficiency testing and achieves satisfactory results related to all specialties or areas worked.
Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the laboratory. Completes Continuing Education (CE).
- Qualify as a CLIA Testing Personnel as defined in 42CRF493.1423.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in a laboratory science or medical technology or equivalent education and training.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician, preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.