Medical Technologist II - Microbiology - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Medical Technologist II - Microbiology Section
Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in specified areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Updates procedure manuals and trains new staff. Prepares department for regulatory inspections. Point of Care Testing, including collection, testing and reporting as it relates to job position. Blood bank experience is required.
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology.
- MLT certification with Current ASCP Certification
- Current BLS issued by American Red Cross or the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize workload.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience required
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.