Materials Director - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Responsible for the coordination of the materials management system throughout the hospital with regards to the procurement, processing and distribution of materials and services. This system should meet or exceed the requirements of the hospital and be accomplished at the most favorable cost. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center's misson, values and vision in all action and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on business administration, economics or a related field. Master's degree preferred. Experience may be accepted in lieu of a college degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in materials management.
- Knowledge of JCAHO and state regulations for both acute and skilled nursing facilities.
- Computer knowledge including data entry, word processing, spreadsheets. Ability to learn hospital purchasing software programs.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."