Lab Assistant 15/Hr Min - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you'll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Health, Men's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Clinical Lab Assistant Lead
- Orders and sets up microbiology specimens and performs procedures under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor including collection, testing, and reporting as it relates to job position.
- Validates reagents for testing and performs Quality Control on select processes. Manages Pending Lists and monitors instrument reagent levels.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing various equipment and work areas in the Laboratory.
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory. Maintains supply inventory for other facilities through ordering, validating QC, and shipping.
- Trains CLAs/Lab Assistants in proper technique in plating and check-in of Microbiology specimens. Interfaces with Microbiology sections at other Utah hospitals to train, and monitor quality specimen handling.
- Accessions orders within the LIS and communicates with the public, clients, Laboratory, and other hospital departments. Coordinates all microbiology reference services including ordering, follow up, result receipt and results entry.
- Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests, and visitors through use of C.A.R.E.S. key words: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- The applicant must demonstrate competency in phlebotomy and typical Laboratory Assistant duties such as computer data entry, specimen processing, CLIA waived testing, and positive customer interaction
- Previous phlebotomy experience, or successful completion of a phlebotomy training program is required.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge and word processing skills.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.