ER Director - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you'll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Health, Men's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Emergency Room Director
Administers, directs and coordinates activities of Patient Care within the Emergency Services unit. Is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of policies and procedures, and for keeping the Chief Nursing Officer informed of both progress and potential problems. Responsible for the direction and evaluation of patient care delivery. Maintains operational aspects of Emergency Services in collaboration with other service areas. Interprets the philosophy, objectives and policies, accomplished by creative problem solving, critical thinking, strategic planning, team development and leadership to ensure the delivery of safe quality care in a fiscally sound manner. Point of Care Testing, including collection, testing and reporting as it relates to job position. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center's mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Attitude/Accountability, Responsiveness.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent
- Current State of Utah Registered Nurse Licensure or equivalent healhcare experience.
- Two to five years of ER experience, including experience in patient care management.
- Five (5) years applicable leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Current BLS certification issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- CPI Certification obtained within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS Certification required upon hire.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages are a plus
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.""