Emergency Medical Tech OP Surg PDM
-$15/hr starting wage, pay is based on experience
-Pay differential for nights, weekends and extra shifts
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Emergency Medical Technician
The EMT works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and assists with emergency room procedures. Performs patient care activities within the scope of licensure and training. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a patient; possess the ability to identify each requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must be an EMT or Paramedic
- Certified for IV insertion preferred.
- Six months of EMT or emergency care preferred.
- Must be able to take call as needed or assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.