Echo/Vascular Tech - Part Time (With Benefits) - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
The Echocardiology Technologist is responsible for assisting physicians in acquiring technically proficient echo-cardiology procedures using ultrasound equipment to provide physicians with complete, accurate anatomical and functional diagnostic information. Assists physicians with necessary services to care for their patients. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a patient; possess the ability to identify each patient requirement relative to his or her age specific needs, and provides the care needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures and skills check lists. Must respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers, Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Current Utah State Radiology Technologist license; or credentialed by ARDMS as RDCS or RDMS.
- Requires training in two-dimensional and m-mode echocardiography and course work in cardiovascular anatomy and physiology with emphasis in cardiovascular dynamics. physiology with emphasis in cardiovascular dynamics
- Current BLS issued by American Red Cross or the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider. Uploading a copy of your current BLS card to your application is strongly preferred.
- ACLS Certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Additional languages are strongly preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.