Discharge Planner/Case Manager - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Discharge Planner/Case Manager
Coordinates and implements the function of discharge planning for patients with in the facility in accordance with current existing federal, state and local standards. Performs insurance/continued stay reviews to ensure that patients are utilizing health care resources at the appropriate level of care and the highest quality of service available under their health care benefits. Performs activities and duties related to pre-admission evaluation and admission of clients to the senior behavioral health unit. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Accountability/Attitude, Responsiveness
- Must be a Social Worker (CSW, LCSW), Marriage & Family Therapist (which is masters level social worker equivalent to CSW) or Registered Nurse. All must be licensed in the State of Utah.
- 1 - 2 years in a healthcare field preferred.
- Senior and behavior health knowledge preferred.
- CPI Certification obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
- Current BLS certification issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing
"Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."