Director of Respiratory Care Services - Full Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Director of Respiratory Care Services
The Respiratory Care Director is responsible for directing the operational, financial and personnel activities of the Respiratory Care Departments including EKG, ABG, PFT and EEG. This position provides leadership, supervision and monitors performance to achieve hospital goals and objectives. The Director is expected to round on patients and staff daily and must therefore effectively interact with patients, and other health team members while maintaining professional Respiratory Care Practitioner standards. The director is responsible to ensure that care is of the best quality, is cost contained, and is carried out in an expeditious manner. This position manages staff members in the Respiratory Care departments and provides education, direction, consultations and manages the costs and supplies.
- Consulting with staff, physicians and Chief Nursing Officer on clinical issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Maintaining and participating in hospital and department performance improvement activities.
- Performing all duties in a manner that promotes and supports the Standards of Conduct for IASIS Healthcare.
- Demonstrating support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Attitude/Accountability, Responsiveness.
- Current valid Utah State license/certification as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Three (3) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of respiratory therapy.
- Prefer previous management experience.
- Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation certification.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages are a plus
- Basic computer knowledge with experience in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and Internet.
- New graduate or transferring clinical staff may be given an appropriate grace period to provide some required certifications (not to exceed 90 days); however the individual may not work independently during this period of orientation and prior to successfully completing all required certifications.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.