Clinical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist - Part Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Clinical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist
Obtains blood via venipuncture, and other specimens for laboratory testing from outpatients and inpatients of all ages according to physician orders and established policies and procedures. Delivers reports to physician and nursing stations. Labels specimens and transports to the laboratory for analysis. Also responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing various equipment and work areas in the Clinical Laboratory. Maintains Clinical Laboratory inventory and performs waived testing under the direction of the Laboratory Technical Supervisor. Point of Care Testing, including collection, testing and reporting as it relates to job position.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous phlebotomy or lab assistant experience, or successful completion of a phlebotomy training program is required.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge and word processing skills.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.