Clinical Lab Assistant - Microbiology Section- Part Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
- Receive, process, and prepare laboratory specimens for further analysis in the Microbiology department.
- Prepare and/or Plate biological specimens according to prescribed laboratory procedures to obtain most accurate results.
- Ensure specimens are labeled properly and the correct specimen has been submitted for the requested laboratory test by comparing specimen label to accompanying requisition.
- Ensure proper handling of specimens and disposal of contaminated material according to laboratory safety procedures.
- Communicate results to necessary laboratory personnel and/or clients via verbal, written, or computer link communication in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area according to laboratory safety standards. At all times use personal protective equipment as directed by laboratory policy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all laboratory information according to laboratory policy.
- Punctual and regular work attendance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year microbiology experience.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge and word processing skills.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.