Clinical Dietitian - Part Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Screens and assesses patients including nutrition screening, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation of outcomes, with emphasis on nutrition support. Participates in CQI performance improvement activities. Provides nutrition education as appropriate for adult patients, including geriatric and terminally ill. The clinical dietitian works with the employees of the Nutrition Services Department to provide optimal food and nutrition to patients, visitors, and staff.
- Current Utah Dietitian License.
- Proof of passing the national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Current Utah Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly developed organizational skills.Preferred:
- Experience as a clinical dietitian; advanced practitioner qualification in nutrition support preferred.
- Additional languages preferred.
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.