Assistant Controller - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting the Controller with the activities of the Accounting Department; preparation of month-end journal entries, maintenance of the general ledger including account reconciliations, financial packages, subsidiary ledgers, cash and bank accounts reconciliation, other accounting functions, reports and analysis as assigned, support accounts payable, payroll and budgeting preparation. Other duties as assigned. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors
- B.S degree preferred in Accounting from an accredited college or university. Three - five years of hospital accounting Controller experience preferred.
- Three years experience with Lawson Financial Management Software preferred.
- Requires the ability to use a eprsonal computer and software such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of OnBase system.
- Must possess the ability to analyze accounting data and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.